Where should I stay when I go to New York?
We recommend staying in one of these 5 areas:
- Midtown: Ideal for your first visit to New York.
- Upper East Side: Ideal for luxury, shopping, and museum lovers.
- Chelsea & Greenwich Village: Ideal for New York romantics.
- Soho & Lower East Side: Ideal for hipsters and coolhunters.
- Queens: Ideal for travelers on a budget.
How do I visit New York City for the first time?
Tips for Planning Your First Visit to NYC
- Plan ahead.
- Be careful about booking Airbnbs as many are illegal.
- Choose a hotel in a convenient location.
- Take advantage of the amazing museums.
- You must visit Central Park.
- See NYC from above.
- Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Get out on the water.
What is the best district to stay in New York?
The 9 Best Neighborhoods in NYC for Tourists
- Upper West Side.
- Upper East Side.
- Tribeca and SoHo.
- East Village and Bowery.
- Greenwich Village.
- Meatpacking District and Chelsea.
- Lower Manhattan and the Financial District.
Can you walk everywhere in New York?
You can walk everywhere. Whether you want to walk the nearly four miles to the Staten Island Ferry is your decision. (The subway will get you there in less than 15 minutes.)
What is the best hotel to stay in New York?
We generally recommend choosing a mid-range hotel because they offer the best value for money. Our favorite hotel in New York is the citizenM Hotel just off of Times Square, which offers excellent value for money in a perfect location. We had already stayed at a citizenM in Rotterdam before and were really impressed with it.
How to find a place to stay in New York City?
An important tip for finding a place to stay in New York is to book as early as possible. The metropolis is a popular tourist destination all year round. Hotels fill up quickly, especially during the peak travel season, and then you have to make do with what’s left. Where to stay in New York?
What is the most expensive month to stay in New York?
Rooms are the most expensive during the peak seasons, e.g. April, May, September, and October. The City of New York charges a hotel tax of 14.75 percent, plus an occupancy tax of $3.50 per day. These fees are generally not included in the room rates posted online and are added in top at the end.
Why should you stay in Midtown NYC?
From Midtown you can easily explore the city on foot and it’s perfectly connected to all the other parts of the town. All the major subway lines run through Midtown, so it’s really easy to get to any other station in the city. In other words: perfect! Our tip!