Where can I download SRTM data?
Where can you download the SRTM data? SRTM DEM data is being housed on the USGS Earth Explorer. To download, select your area of interest. Under the data sets tab, select Digital Elevation > SRTM > SRTM 1-ArcSecond Global .
Is SRTM data free?
On September 23, 2014, the White House announced the coming availability of a near-global 30-meter (m) version of the widely utilized elevation dataset, the Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM).
How do I download Aster data?
- Search for ASTER GDEM at the top left.
- Pick the area.
- Get the list of URLs you want, and save as a text file.
- You will need a NASA account, and be logged in on your browser to do the downloads (the browser will prompt you to log in for the first download).
How do I download DEM data from Bhuvan?
- Select the area of which you need to download Cartosat data by providing Place name, Lat/long.
- Select category – Satellite/Sensor to download Cartosat DEM data.
- Select Sub Category- Cartosat-1 as shown in below figure.
How is SRTM data collected?
SRTM Data Collection and Creation The Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) uses inSAR which measures Earth’s elevation with two antennas. Using two radar antennas and a single pass, it generated a digital elevation model using interferometric synthetic aperture radar (InSAR).
How accurate is SRTM data?
The Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED) are used with the consensus view that it has a minimum vertical accuracy of 16 m absolute error at 90% confidence (Root Mean Square Error (RMSE) of 9.73 m) world-wide.
How does ArcGIS process SRTM data?
- Download the area of interest:
- Unzip the elevation file in a new sub-directory. a. Ex. D:\raw\SRTM\new.
- Open a command prompt. a. Start > Run > type ‘cmd’ and press enter. b. Navigate to \raw\SRTM\new\ c.
- Edit the textfile in excel to add variables for our batchfile.
What resolution is SRTM data?
Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) data have been enhanced to fill areas of missing data (Void Filled) to provide more complete digital elevation data with a resolution of 1 arc-second (~ 30 meters) and 3 arc-seconds (~ 90 meters) for global coverage.
Where can I download ASTER images?
On www.earthexplorer.usgs.gov you can find aster images.
What is ASTER database?
Aster Data is a proven leader in big data management and big data analysis for data-driven applications. Aster Data’s nCluster is the first MPP data warehouse architecture that allows applications to be fully embedded within the database engine to enable ultra-fast, deep analysis of massive data sets.