When writing a business letter the medical assistant should be sure that the meaning of the letter is clear this refers to?
What are the general principles of drafting?
Some Do’s and Don’ts of Drafting:
- Use familiar words rather than farfetched words.
- Use short words rather than a long word.
- Use Active voice instead of passive voice.
- No unnecessary repetition of words.
- Write shorter sentences.
- Express the ideas in fewer words.
- Choose the right word.
Why is it important in drafting and drawing?
Drafting is the primary communication format for engineers. Without drafting, engineers wouldn’t be able to communicate complex plans and design features to contractors and architects.
What is the most important part of an envelope?
Certified Mail provides proof that a mail item has been mailed and received. What is the most important part of an envelope? Postage is the fee for the service of delivering mail.
What is an example of prewriting?
We use the term “prewriting” to refer to the work you do on your essay before you actually begin writing a draft of it. For our example, the writer, John, is asked to write an essay of at least 800 words on the photograph Migrant Mother, by Dorothea Lange.
Why would an assistant need to create a written communication?
Helps assistants create written communications efficiently. They are concise, being only as long as they have to be to communicate the information and including only necessary information. They are clear, using language the reader can understand.
What is the correct order for the writing process?
Writing is a process that involves at least four distinct steps: prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing.
What is the concept of drafting?
Meaning of Drafting In simple terms, drafting refers to the act of writing legal documents. The key feature of drafting is that it presents a brief knowledge about the significant facts of the situation or issue. A properly drafted document aims at accuracy and truth.
Why is it important for a medical assistant to learn to create send and receive correspondence?
Why is it important for a medical assistant to learn to create, send, and receive correspondence? 1) It ensures positive, effective communication between your office and others. 2) Well-written correspondence is not important in communicating a professional image for the practice.
What are the three steps of the writing process in order from first to last?
Three main stages of the writing process
- Planning & prewriting. The first stage of any writing is planning and prewriting.
- Composing & drafting.
- Revising, Editing & Proofreading.
What are the three levels of writing?
The Levels of Writing
- Functional writer. This is the lowest level of writer, as it’s someone who uses writing and reading skills to function in everyday activities, like as a student or an employee of an organization.
- Technical Writer.
- Cultural Writer.
What are the stages of teaching writing?
The four steps of the writing process are: prewriting, writing, revising, and proofreading.
- PreWriting – Whatever type of writing a student is attempting, the prewriting stage can be the most important.
- Writing -The actual writing stage is essentially just an extension of the prewriting process.
What are the three steps of the writing process?
In broad terms, the writing process has three main parts: pre-writing, composing, and post-writing. These three parts can be further divided into 5 steps: (1) Planning; (2) Gathering/Organizing; (3) Composing/Drafting; (4) Revising/editing; and (5) Pro ofreading.
What is the most important tool in drafting?
What is the importance of drafting?
During the drafting stage of writing, a student develops a more cohesive text and explores their topic, directed by purpose, audience, genre, and content. Drafting helps students expand upon, clarify, and modify their initial plans and ideas, and it helps them organize their content into a meaningful sequence or flow.
Which is the correct sequence of the five basic steps in the writing process?
It starts with prewriting and ends with publishing. However, 5 basic stages of the writing process are prewriting, drafting, revising, editing and publishing.
When typing a business letter the medical assistant should?
When composing a business letter, how should the medical assistant properly indicate copies of the letter are being sent to others? Enter “cc” followed by the names. 5. The medical assistant aligns all parts of a business letter at the left margin.
What are the 5 steps of the writing process?
The Writing Process
- STEP 1: PREWRITING. THINK AND DECIDE. Make sure you understand your assignment.
- STEP 2: RESEARCH (IF NEEDED) SEARCH. List places where you can find information.
- STEP 3: DRAFTING. WRITE. Put the information you researched into your own words.
- STEP 4: REVISING. MAKE IT BETTER.
- STEP 5: EDITING AND PROOFREADING. MAKE IT CORRECT.
What are the drafting tools and their uses?
Drafting tools are instruments that can be used for measurement and layout of drawings or to improve consistency and the speed for creating standard drawing elements.
- Drawing tools. Pencil. Drafting board. T-square. Drafting machine. French Curves.
- Drawing materials. Drafting paper. Thick draft paper. Cloth. Tracing paper.
What is importance of drafting tools and equipment?
Drafting tools may be used for measurement and layout of drawings, or to improve the consistency and speed of creation of standard drawing elements. Tools such as pens and pencils mark the drawing medium. Other tools such as straight edges, assist the operator in drawing straight lines.
What qualities are important for drafting media?
9 Media writing skills and characteristics
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Knowledge of grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to simplify information.
- Focus on accuracy and details.
What is the most important benefits of prewriting?
Why its important It increases efficiency by helping the writer map, plan, or brainstorm about their writing before beginning a first draft. It helps a writer organize their thoughts. It helps a writer process the order of those thoughts so they can organize them effectively for their audience.