What is Uruguay known for?
Uruguay is the smallest Spanish speaking country in South America.
What is Punta del Este known for?
Punta del Este is known for its beaches, surfing, beautiful people and an ardent night scene. It is expensive, usually about 50% more expensive than other areas of Uruguay, if not more. There are many travel sights, including the amazing restaurants. It’s been called the Monaco of South America.
What is Uruguay’s Punta del?
Punta del Este, city and beach resort, southeastern Uruguay. It lies on a peninsula jutting into the Atlantic Ocean east of Montevideo, the national capital. The breezy summers originally attracted families from Buenos Aires and Montevideo who built the beachside chalets that give Punta del Este its distinctive charm.
What is Uruguay famous food?
A Food-Lover’s Guide to Uruguay
- Asado. Asado is the quintessential Uruguayan food.
- Chivito. The chivito is a steak sandwich filled with a mountain of ingredients so delicious that celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain has named it his favorite sandwich.
- Torta fritas.
- Pizza and faina.
How safe is Punta del Este Uruguay?
Uruguay is one of the safest countries in Latin America, and Punta del Este is one of the safest cities in the country. When going on vacation the last thing you want is to be stressed or afraid, but sometimes you can’t help being suspicious when walking at night or getting anxious about falling asleep on the beach.
What would you like to do in Punta del Este Uruguay?
12 Things to Do in Punta Del Este
- Bask on the beautiful beaches. The number one reason to visit Punta is to enjoy the beaches.
- Take photos of La Mano.
- Watch the sunset at Casapueblo.
- Spend an afternoon shopping.
- Walk to the Punta del Este Lighthouse.
- Cruise past Isla de Lobos.
- Indulge in the nightlife.
- Explore La Barra.