What is a personal opinion?
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone’s good opinion.
Whats your opinion on or about?
The prepositions about and on are interchangable and we use (about/on) whenever the word opinion refers to a thought or belief about something or someone. I.e: What’s your opinion about/on the matter? 2. The preposition (of) is usually used after opinion whenever there is a judgment about someone or something.
What are some examples of opinion?
The definition of an opinion is a belief, impression, judgment or prevailing view held by a person. An example of opinion is the San Francisco Giants are the best baseball team. An example of opinion is purple is the best color. An example of opinion is capitalism is better than socialism.
What is another word for opinion?
What is another word for opinion?
What are some argumentative topics?
50 Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas
- Should fracking be legal?
- Should parents be able to modify their unborn children?
- Do GMOs help or harm people?
- Should vaccinations be required for students to attend public school?
- Should world governments get involved in addressing climate change?
How do you write an opinion?
10 Rules for Writing Opinion Pieces
- BE TIMELY OR EARLY.
- BE VERY OPINIONATED.
- CONVEY A STRONG LINK TO YOUR SUBJECT.
- ADD UNKNOWN FACTS.
- DON’T SHARE THE OBVIOUS SLANT.
- KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET.
- BE AWARE OF YOUR AUDIENCE.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO BE SYBIL.
How do you ask someone their opinion of you?
Asking for Opinions
- Do you think … ?
- How do you feel about … ?
- In your opinion, … ?
- Please tell me your opinion on …
- What do you think about … ?
- What’s your opinion on … ?
What is the word for someone who believes everything?
Credulous comes from the 16th-century Latin credulus, or “easily believes.” A synonym for credulous is gullible, and both terms describe a person who accepts something willingly without a lot of supporting facts. Calling someone credulous can imply that the person is naive and simple.
What is opposite of opinion?
The opposite of ‘opinion’ is ‘fact’. An opinion is an idea or belief that is not or cannot be proven.
What does trustworthy mean?
worthy of confidence
What is it called when you dont believe?
If you are incredulous that means you can’t or won’t believe something.
Is most an opinion word?
An opinion is a statement that expresses a feeling, an attitude, a value judgment, or a belief. It is a statement that is neither true nor false. – uses value judgment words and comparisons such as “best,” “most,” etc…
What are opinion pieces called?
An op-ed, short for “opposite the editorial page” or as a backronym the “opinions and editorials page”, is a written prose piece typically published by a newspaper or magazine which expresses the opinion of an author usually not affiliated with the publication’s editorial board.
How do you write an opinion without using I?
Informal English Phrases
- “In my opinion, + [your sentence]”
- “I believe that + [your sentence]”
- “In my mind, + [your sentence]”
- “It would seem that + [your sentence]”
- “It could be argued that + [your sentence]”
- “This suggests that + [your sentence]”
- “This proves that + [your sentence]”
How do you say in your opinion without saying in your opinion?
To my mind, “to my mind” can work in lieu of “in my opinion”. Futhermore, and from my standpoint/perspective, “from my standpoint/perspective” can also work in lieu of “in my opinion”… As anotherdave said, don’t say it unless it needs to be said.
How do you write a legal argumentative essay?
Writing a legal argument
- identify relevant legal issues.
- apply the law to the facts.
- structure your answer clearly and logically (use the model plan)
- use appropriate language for a legal argument.