What is a database view in SAP ABAP?
A database view is a general view for one or more basis tables. If there are multiple basis tables, they are joined using an inner join. A matching SQL view is created on the database when the view is activated.
How do I Create a database view in SAP ABAP?
Creating Database view Step-1: Open the data dictionary initial screen by navigating the menu path or entering the transaction code SE11 in the command field. Step-2: Click the radio button in front of View option, and give a name to the view then click the Create button given on the screen.
How do I view a database in SAP?
Database views are defined in the ABAP Dictionary. The system automatically creates a database view in the underlying database when you activate the view. Application programs can access the data of a database view using the database interface. You can access the data in ABAP programs with both OPEN SQL and NATIVE SQL.
What are the different types of views in SAP ABAP?
Different Type of View in ABAP
- Projection View – Just retrieves some fields from a single table.
- Help View – This is used for search help.
- Database View – This is inner join view of one or more tables.
- Maintenance View – Helps in creating maintaining data of the application object.
How do you Create a database view?
SQL Server CREATE VIEW
- First, specify the name of the view after the CREATE VIEW keywords. The schema_name is the name of the schema to which the view belongs.
- Second, specify a SELECT statement ( select_statement ) that defines the view after the AS keyword. The SELECT statement can refer to one or more tables.
What are views in databases?
A database view is a subset of a database that is based on a query that runs on one or more database tables. Database views are saved in the database as named queries and can be used to save complete queries that are frequently used.
How do I Create a view in SAP SE11?
Go to T-code SE11:
- Give the view name you wish to create in my case its ZLBI_KEKI_CKIS and hit Create.
- Following Screen will come give the description of view:
- Give the table name here and Hit enter:
- Give the Join condition as I have given below.
- Go To View Fields tab.
How do you view views in SAP?
Step 1 − Select the View radio button on the initial screen of ABAP Dictionary. Enter the name of the view to be created and then click Create button. We entered the name of the view as ZVIEW_TEST. Step 2 − Select the projection view radio button while choosing view type and click Copy button.
What is the difference between database view and projection view?
Database view: Multiple tables are joined in this view. Project View: One particular Table fields are used(few fields). 1. Views: view is a collection or combination or mixture of data dictionary tables view definition will not be available in database..
What is database view example?
A database view is a subset of a database and is based on a query that runs on one or more database tables. Database views are saved in the database as named queries and can be used to save frequently used, complex queries. There are two types of database views: dynamic views and static views.
How do you write a view?
To create a view, a user must have the appropriate system privilege according to the specific implementation. CREATE VIEW view_name AS SELECT column1, column2….. FROM table_name WHERE [condition]; You can include multiple tables in your SELECT statement in a similar way as you use them in a normal SQL SELECT query.
How do you create a database view?
Creating a Database View
- Enter an explanatory short text in the field Short text.
- In column Tables on the Tables/Join conditions tab page, define the tables you want to include in the view.
- Link the tables with join conditions .
- On the View fields tab page, select the fields that you want to copy to the view.