How long does it take to install Windstream internet?
The average length of time to walk through the entire set up process is approximately 30-60 minutes. For assistance during installation, contact Windstream Technical Assistance at 1-877-449-5707.
Do you need a technician to install internet?
Depending on the internet provider and plan you get, you can install your new internet package by doing it yourself or by hiring a professional technician to do it for you. When you choose to self-install, your internet provider will send you an installation kit in the mail.
Do you need a phone jack for kinetic internet?
(Fiber Internet typically doesn’t require a modem.) Your modem should already be connected to a phone jack in your home. Computer — A laptop or a desktop will do.
How is Windstream kinetic install?
During the Installation Process, the technician will:
- Setup your new modem.
- Confirm all wiring and connections are working outside your home (new wiring may be required)
- Setup your Username and Email.
- Confirm your Internet connection is working.
What do I need to install internet at home?
To establish WiFi in your home, all you need is either a modem connected to a wireless router, or a wireless gateway, which is a modem and wireless router in one unit (see What is a Wireless Gateway? for more information).
How long does it take for internet to be installed?
Getting a new internet service connected generally takes around ten days from the time of order, however this may be significantly longer or shorter depending on the type of service.
Does Windstream throttle internet speed?
Windstream does not manage network congestion by capping an individual customer’s usage, reducing the speed of an individual customer’s service once a certain amount of usage is exceeded, or other similar strategies.
What can cause slow speeds?
10 common reasons for slow internet speed
- You reached your internet plan’s bandwidth cap.
- Your internet plan has data caps.
- The ISP is throttling your connection.
- The ISP’s equipment is at fault.
- Old ethernet cables are slowing connections.
- The wifi signal is crowded.
- The wifi network isn’t large or strong enough.
Do you need a phone jack for kinetic Internet?
How do I use my own router with Windstream?
Fiber uses fiber optic cable for internet access:
- Call Windstream and make sure the fiber optic cable can reach your home.
- Connect Ethernet cable from ONT box to your router.
- Plug router into power outlet.
- Attach router box to computer using Ethernet cable.