How do you cite statistics in text?
Author Last Name, First Name. “Title of Document: Subtitle if Any.” Date of publication, Statista. Note: Since Statista is the name of the publisher and database, to avoid repetition, omit publisher information and list Statista as the database at the end of the citation.
Is Statista a good source?
The number of Statista-cited media articles has increased over the years. Within a few years, Statista has established itself as a reliable partner for the largest media companies of the world.
Is Statista an online database?
Database description Statista is an online portal providing data on the global digital economy, industrial sectors, consumer markets, public opinion, media, demography and macroeconomic trends.
Do you need to reference statistics?
If you’re quoting or referring to statistics in your academic papers, the short and simple answer is, yes, of course you should always cite your sources.
How do you cite sources examples?
Example Citations: Articles
- AuthorLastName, AuthorFirstName. “Article Title.” Journal Title, Version, Number, Publication Date, Page Numbers.
- L’Ambrosch, Zampoun and Teodolinda Roncaglia.
- Newspaper Article from an Online Database.
- Newspaper Article from Web or Print Source.
Do you have to put page numbers in Harvard referencing?
In Harvard style, when you quote directly from a source that includes page numbers, your in-text citation must include a page number. For example: (Smith, 2014, p. 33). If you refer to the general ideas or findings of the source as a whole, you don’t need to include a page number.
How do I cite an online reference?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
How do you cite a Statista graph?
Every Statista chart has a citation. Find it on the left side of the chart, select your citation style, and grab generated the citation….MLA Style
- After pasting the citation in your paper, create a hanging indent.
- Make it double spaced (follow this link to see how).
Is Statista peer reviewed?
All content on the Statista platform undergoes a tested multi-stage peer-review process prior to publication. All our market sizing and forecasts are based on the most up to date analytical measures and latest available data.
How do you cite a statistic?
How to cite Data/Statistical source
- Year of publication: The date when the statistics/dataset was published or released (rather than the collection or coverage date)
- Publisher: the data center/repository.
- Any applicable identifier (including edition or version)
How do you cite Statistics Canada in APA?
Statistics Canada. 2004. Ottawa, Ont.: Statistics Canada. (APA style: title,author, date, place: publisher.)…General principles
- author (author, principal investigator, corporate body or issuing agency responsible for content)
- title (full title including subtitle with descriptive phrases, dates, geographic information.
Can I cite Statista?
Last Updated: Jun 26, 2019 Views: 8753. Once you are on your chosen resource, Statista has a citation generator on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Simply choose your citation style and citation will appear. You can then copy and paste into your references list.
What kind of source is Statista?
Statista provides statistics, reports, forecasts and studies from market researchers, organizations, specialist publications, and government sources.
What is the difference between APA and Harvard way of citation and referencing?
APA referencing is a variant on Harvard style. Most of the conventions are the same, with brief author-date citations in brackets in the body of the text and full citations in the reference list. It is usual to include a reference list only rather than a bibliography in APA style.
What source is Statista?
Statista is a German company specializing in market and consumer data. According to the company, its platform contains more than 1,000,000 statistics on more than 80,000 topics from more than 22,500 sources and 170 different industries, and generates a revenue of about €60 million.