How do you cite an original interview?
According to MLA style, an interview that you conduct should be included on the Works Cited page. List the interview by the name of the interviewee. Include the descriptor “Personal interview” and the date of the interview, as in the following example: Billiken, Billy.
How do you reference a PDF document?
- The basic format is: Author’s last name, Author’s first name. ”Book Title”. Place of Publication: Publisher, Year of Publication.
- For example: Smith, John. The Fantastic Novel. London: Great Publishing House, 2010.
- If your ebook is not a PDF file, cite the file type you have. For example: Smith, John.
How do you cite an oral interview?
Basic Format: Author. (Year, Month Day of Interview). Title of Interview. Interview by Interviewer’s Initials and Last Name.
How do you reference a PDF in Harvard referencing?
Author Surname, Author Initial. Year Published. Title [online]. City: Publisher.
How do you cite an interview in APA?
To be made up of:
- Name of person interviewed.
- Date of interview.
- Title of interview (in italics).
- Interview by… for…
- Page references (if relevant).
Do interviews need to be cited?
As a personal interview is not published or “findable,” it should not be included in an APA reference list. Instead, a personal interview should be referenced as a parenthetical citation.
How do you MLA cite an interview?
The MLA citation for a personal interview should follow this format:
- Last name of person interviewed, First name. Interview. By Interviewer Name. Date of interview.
- Example: Mars, Bruno. Interview. By Julie Chapman. 10 May 2020.
How do you parenthetically cite in APA?
Include an in-text citation when you refer to, summarize, paraphrase, or quote from another source. For every in-text citation in your paper, there must be a corresponding entry in your reference list. APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005).
How do you cite an online interview?
- Name of person interviewed.
- Year of interview (in round brackets).
- Title of the interview (if any) (in single quotation marks).
- Interview with/interviewed by.
- Interviewer’s name.
- Title of publication or broadcast (in italics).
- Day and month of interview, page numbers (if relevant).
How do you reference more than three authors?
NOTE: The in-text citation for works with three or more authors is shortened to the first author’s name followed by et al. and the year.
How do you cite interviews?
To cite an interview that you conducted yourself, start the Works Cited entry with the name of the interviewee. Then simply describe it with the word Interview, followed by your own name and the date on which the interview took place. Gray, Alasdair. Interview.
How do you reference two authors in APA?
Works by two authors should list the last names and first initials separated by an ampersand (&). These names should be followed by the date of publication enclosed in parentheses. If the work is a journal article, the title of the article should immediately follow the publication date.
What is a reference document example?
Reference documents can be publications (hardcopy, electronic), other databases (internal, external), Internet (Internet addresses), methodological references (for instance to summary metadata, detailed metadata, information on major changes).
How do you cite 20 authors in APA?
For a work with up to 20 authors, include all of the names in the reference. When the work has 21 or more authors, include only the first 19 names, an ellipsis, and the final name (see this guideline in the fifth and sixth bullets in Section 9.8 of the Publication Manual and Example 4 in Chapter 10).
How do you cite an editor in APA?
Editor Format If an entire edited book with authored chapters is cited, the editor is listed as the author with the abbreviation “(Ed.)” after his name, or “(Eds.)” if there is more than one editor. Multiple editors are formatted the same way as authors.