How do you APA reference?
A basic reference list entry for a journal article in APA must include:
- Author or authors.
- Year of publication of the article (in round brackets).
- Article title.
- Journal title (in italics).
- Volume of journal (in italics).
- Issue of journal (no italics).
- Page range of article.
How do you cite data sources in APA?
Citing Data Sets Using APA Style Author/Rightsholder. (Year). Title of data set (Version number) [Description of form]. Location: Name of producer.
How do you cite UK Census data?
- Name of person (in single quotation marks).
- Year of census (in round brackets).
- Census return for (in italics).
- Street, place, county (in italics).
- Registration subdistrict (in italics).
- Public Record Office.
- Piece number, folio number, page number.
How do you reference the ABS Census?
Format: Australian Bureau of Statistics (Year of Publication) ‘Title of Census material’, Title of Census Publication [URL], accessed DD month YYYY. Example: Australian Bureau of Statistics (2016) ‘People in Australia who were born in Italy’, 2016 Census QuickStats Country of Birth, accessed 11 December 2020.
Do I need to cite data?
Data are a key output of research and therefore need to be appropriately cited. Just like you’d cite a journal article, figure or conference paper if you used it within your article, you should cite all data. Citing data is important, because it: ensures you give credit to the individual or group who generated the data.
How do you do referencing?
Include the author/s name/s where possible. You should write the surname (last name) first followed by any initials. If there are more than three authors then you can cite the first author and use the abbreviation ‘et al’, meaning ‘and all’. Jones A et al.
How do you cite a census data table?
U.S. Census Bureau; Name of the database or other data repository/source; Name of the person who generates the tabulation; Name of the software package used to generate the tabulation, if known, e.g., “using American FactFinder; URL of the application software’s main or first page set off by angle brackets, e.g.,
How do you reference government statistics?
Government / Official Publication
- Name of government department or committee.
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title (in italics).
- Place of pulication: publisher.
- Series or paper number (in brackets) – if applicable.
How do you cite census data in India?
Census (2011), Primary Census Abstracts, Registrar General of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, Available at: http://www.censusindia.gov.
What does cite data mean?
Data citation is the provision of accurate, consistent and standardised referencing for datasets just as bibliographic citations are provided for other published sources like research articles or monographs.
How do you cite in Aihw?
AIHW, Young Homeless People, 33. Name of Group/Organization. Title of Work. Place of Publication: Publisher’s Name, Date of Publication.
How do you Harvard reference ABS data?
This format is for citing documents from Australian Bureau of Statistics:
- Use ‘Australian Bureau of Statistics’ as the Author.
- Include the ABS catalogue number after the title, if the item has one.
- Use ‘cat. no. ‘ for the catalogue number.
How do you cite census data?
Basic Format: U.S. Census Bureau (year data was published). Name of data or report. Retrieved from [URL].