How do I report a scammer in NC?
If you think you’ve been the victim of a scam, or if you want to learn to be a smarter consumer, call Attorney General Josh Stein’s consumer hotline toll free within North Carolina at 1-877-5-NO-SCAM or (919) 716-6000. You can also file a consumer complaint online.
How do I file a consumer complaint in NC?
You may wish to file a consumer complaint with the North Carolina Consumer Protection Division. You can file a complaint online or call 1-877-5-NO-SCAM for assistance.
What is the federal agency for handling consumer rights?
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in the marketplace, and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop, and avoid them.
What can a consumer do if he has a complaint?
5 ways to handle customer complaints
- Listen and understand. Always listen to your customers.
- Apologize. Don’t be afraid to apologize for a mistake.
- Find a solution. When your customer has a legitimate complaint, you need to find the root cause and solve it.
- Follow up with the customer.
- Exceed expectations.
How are consumer rights violated?
The Central Consumer Protection Authority has the power to penalize an individual or entity for violating consumer rights. This is ensured through various means such as fines, taking back the defective goods1, reimbursements for such goods/services2, or discontinuation of unfair trade practices3.
What are the 8 methods used to resolve a customer complaint?
8 Steps to Squash a Customer’s Complaint
- Listen. Whenever you set out to handle a customer complaint the first thing that you must do is listen.
- Understand. Next, put yourself in the shoes of the customer.
- No Fighting.
How do I write a consumer complaint?
What to include in a complaint letter
- describe your problem and the outcome you want.
- include key dates, such as when you purchased the goods or services and when the problem occurred.
- identify what action you’ve already taken to fix the problem and what you will do if you and the seller cannot resolve the problem.
What can you do if a company rips you off?
To file a complaint, just go to ftc.gov/complaint, and answer the questions. Or call That’s all there is to it. If you’ve been ripped off or scammed, complain to the Federal Trade Commission. It can help put the bad guys out of business.