How can I get my relaxed African American hair healthy?
Read on for Handy’s tips on how to keep relaxed hair healthy during the summer.
- Wash Your Hair Weekly and Double Up on Moisture.
- Get Ends Trimmed Regularly.
- Go Easy on Heat Styling.
- Drink Water and Pay Attention to Your Diet.
- Avoid Overprocessing.
- Wait Awhile Before Installing Protective Styles.
How can African American hair grow faster and longer?
How to make black hair grow fast?
- Use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- Use a deep conditioner.
- Use post-shampoo or pre-shampoo hair treatment.
- Cut off split ends.
- Avoid using a blow dryer (or any heat tools)
- Shampoo and rinse your hair infrequently.
- Massage your scalp regularly with hair oil.
- Try out different hairstyles.
Can you have healthy hair with a relaxer?
Having relaxed hair isn’t synonymous with damaged hair. It’s possible to have healthy, thriving hair even if it is chemically treated, however, overprocessing the hair with additional chemicals like hair color, heat styling, and skipping regular trims can lead to damage.
Does wearing your hair down help it grow?
Does Cutting Your Hair Make it Grow Faster? While cutting your hair doesn’t technically speed up the growing process, it does keep it healthy and prevent split ends from breaking and spreading into the lengths. Stylists recommend a trim every eight to twelve weeks to ensure damaged ends are kept under control.
Does braiding black hair make it grow faster?
Mythbusting: Braids & Hair Growth But unfortunately, braiding hair does not speed up growth rate. Your hair grows at a rate determined by genetics, while lifestyle factors like your diet and stress levels can cause thinning and breakage. But the way you wear your hair is not a factor in your hair growth rate.
How should I sleep with my hair to make it grow?
Good options for wearing your hair to bed include:
- a loose, functional top knot piled at the crown of your head and secured with a fabric scrunchie.
- one or more loose braids at the nape of your neck.
- hair wrapped in a headscarf or turban.