Why MySQL logo is a dolphin?
The name of the MySQL Dolphin (our logo) is “Sakila,” which was chosen from a huge list of names suggested by users in our “Name the Dolphin” contest. The winning name was submitted by Ambrose Twebaze, an Open Source software developer from Eswatini (formerly Swaziland), Africa.
Can I use MySQL logo?
USE OF ANY MYSQL CONDITIONAL USE LOGO IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE USES PERMITTED UNDER THESE TERMS ARE PROVIDED BY ORACLE “AS IS,” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT.
What is difference between MySQL and MySQL server?
You can use the mysql client to send commands to any mysql server; on a remote computer or your own. The mysql server is used to persist the data and provide a query interface for it (SQL). The mysql clients purpose is to allow you to use that query interface.
How do I setup a MySQL server?
Set Up a MySQL Database on Windows
- Download and install a MySQL server and MySQL Connector/ODBC (which contains the Unicode driver).
- Configure the database server for use with Media Server:
- Add the MySQL bin directory path to the PATH environmental variable.
- Open the mysql command line tool:
Why is it called PostgreSQL?
a day ago
It was originally named POSTGRES, referring to its origins as a successor to the Ingres database developed at the University of California, Berkeley. In 1996, the project was renamed to PostgreSQL to reflect its support for SQL.
Should I use MySQL or SQL Server?
Both SQL Server and MySQL can run high-performance workloads, although third-party independent testing suggests that SQL Server is the winner here. Both SQL Server and MySQL include feature-rich client applications (SSMS and MySQL Workbench, respectively).
How do I setup a database server?
About This Article
- Install SQL Server Management Studio.
- Select a server and click Connect.
- Click + on the database server.
- Click New Database.
- Enter a database name and click OK.
- Right-click the database and select New Table.
- Create the Primary (int) key in the first row.
How do I start and install MySQL server?
Right-click the downloaded installation file (for example, mysql-installer-community-5.6. 14.0. msi ) and click Run. The MySQL Installer starts….Starting the Installation
- Server Configuration Type.
- Enable TCP/IP Networking.
- Port Number.
- Open Firewall port for network access.
- Advanced Configuration.
How do I find MySQL server?
Locate the MySQL Command-Line Client MySQL server is usually installed together with a console client for working with databases. On Windows, you can find the MySQL Command Line Client in the Start menu.