Where is the themes folder in Xubuntu?
Installing themes on Xubuntu is similar to Ubuntu or any other Linux distribution. You put the theme files in the ~/. themes folder and then use a tool to change it.
How do I install Xubuntu themes?
Installing a new theme Installing them is as easy as downloading the . tar. gz corresponding to the theme we want, unzip it and move the unzipped folder to a specific directory.
Where are Xfce themes stored?
XFCE themes are available at xfce-look.org. Xfwm themes are stored in /usr/share/themes/theme_name/xfwm4 , and set in Settings > Window Manager.
How do I change my Xubuntu theme?
To change your GTK theme, go to → Settings Manager → Appearance. In the Style tab, select a new theme to change the window content appearance. The tool gtk-theme-config will also allow you to customize your window look.
How do I get Xfce themes?
To install and use a theme, follow these steps:
- Extract the theme in ~/.local/share/themes.
- Make sure the theme contains the following file: ~/.local/share/themes//gtk-2.0/gtkrc.
- Select the theme in the User Interface Settings (Xfce 4.4.x) or in the Appearance Settings (Xfce 4.6.x)
Where do I put GTK themes?
- Download grayday, and double-click it in nautilus to open it in the archive manager. You will see a folder called “GrayDay”.
- Drag that folder into your ~/. themes folder.
- Once you have it installed, open ubuntu tweak tool and go to “Tweaks” and click theme.
- Select Grayday in GTK theme and Window theme.
How do I change the theme on my GTK Xfce?
Open Settings > Appearance > Style to select the theme, log out and login to see the change. Adwaita-dark from default is also a nice one. You can use any good GTK theme on Xfce.
How do I customize my Xubuntu desktop?
Change Your XFCE Theme
- Select the Applications menu on the desktop.
- Choose Settings > Appearance.
- Select the theme that you want to try. When you select a theme, it is applied to the desktop, and you can see what it looks like.
- Go to the Icons tab at the top of the window.
- The icons work similarly to the other themes.
How can I make manjaro Xfce look better?
How do I install manjaro Xfce themes?
How to install theme on Manjaro
- To install the theme on Manjaro, firstly, you have to download it from the website:
- Click on the “McOS-XFCE-Edition-II-1.tar.xz” option and save the selected file in your system:
- Now, extract the content of the “McOS-XFCE-Edition-II-1.tar.xz” file: