What nationality is the last name Godbout?
The surname Godbout was first found in Gascony (French: Gascogne), an area of southwest France bordering Spain, that was part of the “Province of Guyenne and Gascony” prior to the French Revolution, where the family was established in Aurbous, a village in the Basses-Pyrénées, in the district of Pau.
What are common Canadian last names?
Most Common Last Names In Canada
What are B last names?
Most common surnames starting with B
What does Godbout mean?
French: from the Norman personal name Godebald, composed of the Germanic elements god ‘good’ or god, got ‘god’ + bald, bold ‘bold’, ‘brave’.
How do you pronounce Godbout?
- Phonetic spelling of Godbout. god-bout. g-AA-d-b-OW-t.
- Meanings for Godbout. It is a surname. A Notable person with this name is Bill Godbout, an early computer pioneer, and entrepreneur.
- Examples of in a sentence. Meet The Toronto Maple Leafs’ Hottest Fan, Claudianne Godbout (PICS)
- Translations of Godbout. Korean : 챔플레인
What last names start with A?
Most common surnames starting with A
What is the most powerful last name?
1. Abbott. The name Abbott is derived from the Old French word abet, which means “priest.” It also has origins in Greek and Latin, where it means “power.”