What is there to do in Switzerland with kids?
20 Best activities for kids in Switzerland
- Theme trails. Summer Toboggans. Mountain Scooters.
- Exciting engineering marvels. Ride tiny gondolas & steep funiculars. Suspension Bridges.
- Sporty activities. Swimming in alpine lakes. River rafting.
- Rainy Days. Chocolate factories.
- Winter amusements for kids. Long sled runs.
Is 2 days enough in Lucerne?
High end shopping, cosy restaurants and impressive historical sights and architecture. While there is plenty to keep you busy over two days in Lucerne city, the surrounding region also offers a plethora of outdoor activities, from scenic lake cruises, hikes, mountain day trips, sledding and more.
Is Switzerland a good place to visit with kids?
Switzerland is one huge playground for kids of all ages, topped with some of the best scenic backdrops you can find anywhere. It’s always a challenge to keep everyone in the family entertained, but there’s no lack of activities in Switzerland.
How can I spend 5 days in Switzerland?
How to spend 5 days in Switzerland Itinerary and guide
- Day 1: Arrive and explore Zurich.
- Day 2: Visit Bern.
- Day 3: Head to Lucerne, and ride up Mount Titlis.
- Day 4: Explore Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe.
- Day 5: Return to Zurich (visit Rhine Falls) or Geneva.
What is the best month to visit Lucerne Switzerland?
The best time to visit Lucerne is between April and October when the weather is good to enjoy outdoor activities. However, there is a higher chance of rain during these months as well.
How do I spend a day in Lucerne?
ONE DAY IN LUCERNE ITINERARY
- Start Your Day on the Shores of Lake Lucerne.
- Board an Old Steamer and Take a Boat Tour.
- Choose a Museum to Visit – Option One: Wagner.
- Choose a Museum to Visit – Option Two: Sammlung Rosengart Museum.
- Walk to Chapel Bridge.
- Cross the Bridge and Explore the Old Town.
- Pick a Nice Spot for Lunch.
Is Zurich or Lucerne better?
Which city is better to stay in as a base – Lucerne or Zurich? Lucerne is better to stay in compared to Zurich if you are touring Switzerland in your own car and/or prefer to spend more time in the mountains. It is also a better base in Switzerland if you spend a couple of days, a week, or longer.
How many days do I need to see Switzerland?
Wondering how many days are enough in Switzerland? 5 days in Switzerland is enough to explore the highlights that the country has to offer. Keep a city as your base (like Zurich or Geneva), and then travel via trains/tours or choose a city to stay overnight as you go through the day by day itinerary.
What is the best time to visit Switzerland?
The best time to visit Switzerland is between April and October, though winter sports enthusiasts may prefer December to March. The country has four distinct seasons, each with its own attractions. The spring months of March to May bring Alpine blooms, flowering trees and cows heading out to pasture.