What is an Apple trusted phone number?
A trusted phone number is a number that can be used to receive verification codes by text message or via an automated phone call. You must verify at least one trusted phone number to enrol in two-factor authentication.
Can you use any phone number for Apple ID?
If you create a new Apple ID on an iPhone in iOS 11 or later, you can use your mobile phone number as your user name in China mainland and India. If you live in China mainland, use your (+86) mobile phone number. If you live in India, use your (+91) number.
Does Apple verify phone number?
If you use iOS 11.3 or later on your iPhone, you might not need to enter a verification code. In some cases, your trusted phone number can be automatically verified in the background on your iPhone.
How can I create an Apple ID without a phone number?
If you lost / can’t reach the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID
- Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
- On the Verify Your Identity screen, select “Can’t access your trusted devices?”
- In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
How can I check my Apple product is genuine?
Apple Store Checklist: Identify Counterfeit Products
- Tip #1 Check iTunes. Genuine IOS devices and iPad can be verified to be authentic by checking if they can connect to iTunes.
- Tip #2 Verify its serial number.
- Tip #3 Check the warranty.
- Tip #5 Use the Siri Command.
- Tip #6 Bring it to an authorized reseller.
Can I create a new Apple ID with the same phone number?
Based on what little information I could find, it isn’t possible to use the same phone number on 2 Apple IDs. You will be told the number is already in use. You can try to set that up without causing any problems. You can’t have two on the phone.
How do I get an authentication code?
Set up Authenticator
- On your Android device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, tap the Security tab. If at first you don’t get the Security tab, swipe through all tabs until you find it.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification.
- Under “Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I activate my iPhone number?
Set up your phone number
- Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- In the “You can receive iMessages to and Reply From” section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
What do I do if I forgot my trusted phone number?
Update your trusted phone number through account recovery
- Go to appleid.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select “Didn’t get a verification code?”, then select More Options.
- You’ll be redirected to iforgot.apple.com.
- Complete your account recovery request. Learn more about account recovery.
How does the phone number work with Apple ID?
The phone number works for getting verification codes etc. There was an earlier hiccup when an automatic renewal on the credit card was blocked, briefly, at the bank as they use an old, expiring card detail. I have edited the credit card details and they see to be accepted by the AppleID system.
How do I Manage my trusted phone numbers on Apple ID?
You can manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page. To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes.
Why can’t I get my Apple ID verification code?
If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account. Go to your Apple ID account page.
What should I do if my iPhone is missing or damaged?
Consider verifying an additional trusted phone number other than your own phone number. If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account.