What is a stronger word for strong?
Synonyms. tough knockout strength reinforced strengthened robust well-set industrial-strength toughened ironlike rugged fortified sinewy beardown hefty beefed-up knock-down well-knit bullocky powerful virile severe muscular vehement stiff noticeable brawny hard weapons-grade bullnecked.
How do you write a short concise sentence?
- Eliminate unnecessary phrases and redundancies.
- Use clear and straightforward language.
- Write in active voice.
- Shorten wordy phrases.
- Avoid starting sentences with “there is”, “there are”, or “it is”.
- Eliminate extra nouns.
- Eliminate filler words such as “that”, “of”, or “up”.
What are the 7 persuasive techniques?
Terms in this set (8)
- bandwagon (did not learn yet, but worth knowing) everyone is doing it & you should join in.
- repitition. using a slogan, phrase, or tag line over and over again in the same message.
- emotional appeal.
- logical appeal.
- moral appeal.
- cause and effect.
- emotional appeal.
- citing statistics.
How do you convince a reader?
- Persuading Your Reader. Writing argument papers presumes an audience who disagrees with your opinion.
- Do Your Research. To be convincing, you must be accurate and informative.
- Show Advantages. Clearly present the benefits presented by your point of view.
- Organize Your Argument.
- Anticipate Opposition.
- Concede Points.
What are examples of strong verbs?
Strong Verbs Examples
- Blow > blew (past tense), blown (past participle)
- Break > broke (past tense), broken (past participle)
- Do > did (past tense), done (past participle)
- Feed > fed (past tense and past particle)
- Lie (down) > lay (past tense), lain (past participle)
- Speak > spoke (past tense), spoken (past participle)
How can I speak and write clearly?
Communication: how to speak and write clearly
- How you say it. Try and be aware of the impact that tone, pitch, emphasis and pace can have on what you say and the extent to which the other person will understand.
- Lose the filler words. Be aware of when you use filler words, such as ‘um’, ‘you know’, and ‘right’.
- Avoid using jargon.
What is a precise sentence?
Definition of Precise. exact and correct. Examples of Precise in a sentence. 1. The student tried to come up with the precise answer to the problem but was a few answers off.
What is a strong verb for ate?
What is another word for ate?
What are examples of precise verbs?
- ask: question, query, request, inquire.
- climb: shinny, scale, ascend, clamber.
- cry: weep, sob, blubber, snivel, whimper, bawl, howl, wail.
- fall (an object falling): drop, plunge, plummet, crash.
- fall (person falling down): tumble, collapse, stumble, topple, plunge.
- say :speak, utter, declare, state, reply, respond, exclaim.
Is Spy a precise verb?
verb (used with object), spied, spy·ing. to catch sight of suddenly; espy; descry: to spy a rare bird overhead. to discover or find out by observation or scrutiny (often followed by out).
What is a good sentence for precise?
1. She gave me clear and precise directions. 2. I can’t give you a precise date.
How do you write a precise sentence?
Writing Concise, Precise Sentences
- Be specific and direct. If one word can replace a longer descriptive phrase, use the one word.
- Cut unnecessary words. Words that don’t contribute to the meaning of a sentence don’t provide value to the reader.
- Combine related sentences.
What is the best way to persuade someone?
12 Practical Ways To Persuade Anyone To Do Anything Easily
- Make your words powerful. The pitch itself needs to be full of words that actually elicit a response.
- Dress up, but don’t talk down.
- Focus on the future.
- Make yourself scarce.
- Choose the right medium for your pitch.
- Speak their language.
- Avoid verbal fillers.
- Do something for them.
What are precise verbs?
hoosing precise verbs is another way to make your writing more concise. A verb is a word or group of words indicating the action or state of being of the subject in a sentence.
What are 3 persuasive techniques?
Ethos, Pathos, and Logos are referred to as the 3 Persuasive Appeals (Aristotle coined the terms) and are all represented by Greek words. They are modes of persuasion used to convince audiences.
Which fruit is best for bones?
|Tomato products, raisins, potatoes, spinach, sweet potatoes, papaya, oranges, orange juice, bananas, plantains and prunes.||Potassium|
|Red peppers, green peppers, oranges, grapefruits, broccoli, strawberries, brussels sprouts, papaya and pineapples.||Vitamin C|
What foods make your backbone stronger?
Cheese – Because cheese is made from milk, it’s packed with calcium. Dark, leafy greens – Dairy products aren’t the only foods that contain calcium. Kale, arugula, watercress, and collard greens all contain enough calcium to keep your spine healthy and strong.
What foods make you physically stronger?
26 Foods That Help You Build Lean Muscle
- Eggs. Eggs contain high-quality protein, healthy fats and other important nutrients like B vitamins and choline (1).
- Salmon. Salmon is a great choice for muscle building and overall health.
- Chicken Breast.
- Greek Yogurt.
- Lean Beef.
What is another word for structured?
In this page you can discover 20 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for structured, like: integrated, composed, patterned, formed, built, made, focused, practical, formal, individualise and tailored.
How do you say someone is strong?
Synonyms for Strong person
- strong personality.
- powerful person. n.
- someone powerful.
- forceful personality.
- powerful man.
- strong woman. n.
- tough guy. n.
- powerful individual. n.
What does Structured mean?
Structured is an adjective that comes from the noun structure, which is something that’s been built or put together — usually, we think of a building being a structure. Anything that has been put together in an organized, deliberate way can be described as structured.
What means methodical?
1 : arranged, characterized by, or performed with method or order a methodical treatment of the subject. 2 : habitually proceeding according to method : systematic methodical in his daily routine a methodical worker.
What is an example of an ill-defined problem?
In the study of problem solving, any problem in which either the starting position, the allowable operations, or the goal state is not clearly specified, or a unique solution cannot be shown to exist. A typical example is the problem of overpopulation, which satisfies none of these criteria.
Is Egg good for bones?
Eggs. Good news for breakfast lovers: Eggs contain a nice amount of vitamin D and can improve bone health. Vitamin D is found in the yolks only, so if you tend to eat egg white omelets, you’ll have to get your vitamin D elsewhere. Another breakfast item, orange juice, is often fortified with vitamin D and calcium.
What can I drink to get stronger?
The following drinks can help boost energy:
- Water. Water is the most crucial energizing ingredient on this list.
- Coffee. Coffee is a recognizable energy booster.
- Green tea.
- Yerba maté
What is an ill-structured problem?
Ill-structured problems mirror real world problems where data are conflicting or inclusive, where disputants disagree about appropriate assumptions or theories, or where values are in conflict. Disputants may propose different solutions to the problem, each with particular strengths and weaknesses.
What are structured and unstructured problems?
Structured Problems – Structured problems are routine in nature. In this way, structured problems are easily understood by the organization. Unstructured Problems – Unstructured problems are novel and infrequent in nature. These types of problems may be difficult to recognize upon initial occurrence.
What is a highly structured environment?
Structured environment means always knowing what will happen next and that covers everything from what time to get up in the morning to what the consequences are for misbehavior.
What should I eat to become stronger?
10 Foods for Building Strong Bones and Muscles
- Yogurt. Most yogurts are fortified with vitamin D, and depending on the brand, you could get 30 percent of your daily calcium intake from yogurt.
- Milk. Though it’s a staple in kids’ diets, many adults don’t drink milk.
- Salmon and Tuna.
- Fortified foods.
What is the 4 personality types?
A large new study published in Nature Human Behavior, however, provides evidence for the existence of at least four personality types: average, reserved, self-centered and role model.
What’s a word for strong minded?
What is another word for strong-minded?
What are the 4 types of strength?
Understanding the 4 Types of Strength
- Absolute Strength.
- Relative Strength.
- Power or Explosive Strength.
- Strength Endurance.
What is the other word for strong?
SYNONYMS FOR strong 1 mighty, sturdy, brawny, sinewy, hardy, muscular, stout, stalwart. 4 potent, capable, efficient. 5 valiant, brave.
Is banana good for bones?
As all these nutrients play an essential role for your health, they also improve your bone density. Eat pineapple, strawberries, oranges, apples, bananas and guavas. All these fruits are loaded with vitamin C, which in turn, strengthen your bones.
How do you say very strong?
Synonyms for Very strong
- very powerful.
- really strong.
- so strong.
- really hard.
- very hard.
- highly potent.
- too hard.
How do you become structured?
5 Ways to Create More Structure In Life
- Create batch/theme days. Batching is the process of grouping similar tasks together to streamline your workload.
- Plan your week on a Sunday.
- Plan your day the night before.
- Stick to an intentional morning routine.
- Make time for self-care.
What is a structured person?
If we use the structured adjective to refer to a person, we probably do so with a negative sense. Structured means that the person is very rigid and firm in its forms, perhaps in excess, and that does not allow you to get out of their structures (which may be mental, of behavior, action, etc.).
What is another word for well?
What is another word for well?
What is physically strong?
No matter what you define it as, on a basic level, physical strength is your ability to complete physical tasks using your own strength. These physical tasks greatly vary, so there’s no specific body mass index or body composition or weight that you need to lift which defines how much physical strength you have.
How do you describe a strong woman?
Thankfully, the English language is rich in beautiful and powerful adjectives to describe a strong woman….60 powerful words to describe a strong woman.
What foods are bad for your bones?
Foods to limit or avoid
- High-salt foods. Excess salt consumption can cause your body to release calcium, which is harmful to your bones.
- Alcohol. While a moderate amount of alcohol is considered safe for those with osteoporosis, excess alcohol can lead to bone loss.
- Wheat bran.
- Excess vitamin A.
What does well structured mean?
adjective. Having a good or solid structure; highly organized.