What is a good car under 20k?
Best Cars Under $20,000
- 2020 Honda Fit. $17,145. Starting Price.
- 2021 Kia Soul. $18,765. Starting Price.
- 2022 Hyundai Accent. $16,440. Starting Price.
- 2021 Hyundai Venue. $19,935. Starting Price.
- 2022 Kia Rio. $17,275. Starting Price.
- 2020 Chevrolet Sonic. $17,595. Starting Price.
- 2022 Nissan Versa. $16,105.
- 2021 Kia Forte. $18,855.
What’s the cheapest car to buy brand new?
What is the Cheapest New Car?
- 2021 Chevrolet Spark $14,395. The Chevrolet Spark is the cheapest new car you can buy.
- 2021 Mitsubishi Mirage $15,290.
- 2021 Nissan Versa $15,955.
- 2021 Hyundai Accent $16,400.
- 2021 Kia Rio $17,045.
- 2021 Kia Forte $18,855.
- 2022 Subaru Impreza $19,755.
- 2021 Hyundai Veloster $19,905.
Is it better to get a new or used car?
New cars come with the latest safety features and are very likely to be reliable, though they can come with a higher price tag and higher insurance costs. Used cars are generally cheaper because the high depreciation of their early years is already behind them and you may not need as much insurance coverage.
How many miles should a used car have?
To determine whether a car has reasonable mileage, you can simply multiply 12,000 by its age. That means good mileage for a car that’s 5 years old is 60,000. Significantly more or fewer miles could indicate a problem or trouble in the future.
How much should I spend on a car if I make 35000 a year?
Follow the 35% rule Whether you’re paying cash, leasing, or financing a car, your upper spending limit really shouldn’t be a penny more than 35% of your gross annual income. That means if you make $36,000 a year, the car price shouldn’t exceed $12,600. Make $60,000, and the car price should fall below $21,000.