What is a blue poem?
A blues poem typically takes on themes such as struggle, despair, and sex. It often (but not necessarily) follows a form, in which a statement is made in the first line, a variation is given in the second line, and an ironic alternative is declared in the third line.
What is a color poem?
Color poems are about a single color, using descriptions, nouns, and other key elements to express feelings about that color. An easy format for this type of poem is describing the color using the five senses: looks, sounds, tastes, feels, smells. Put It To Use: Let us use the color format to describe the color green.
What are some poems about colors?
- Color by Christina Rossetti.
- Colors by Stephen Vincent Benét.
- Colors by Margaret E. Sangster.
- Color Effect by William Henry Dawson.
- Color in the Wheat by Hamlin Garland.
- The Chameleon by James Merrick.
- Blue by Annette Wynne.
- Green by Amos Russel Wells.
What is the sky blue?
The sky is blue due to a phenomenon called Raleigh scattering. This scattering refers to the scattering of electromagnetic radiation (of which light is a form) by particles of a much smaller wavelength.
What are things in blue?
84 Things That Are Blue
What items are blue?
What things are naturally blue?
A visual list of things that are blue
- Ocean. Blue ocean. Ocean – The ocean is blue because it absorbs colors on the red part of the light spectrum.
- Eyes. Blue eye.
- Robin’s eggs. Blue Robin’s eggs.
- Lapis lazuli. Lapis Lazuli.
- Turquoise. Turquoise rock.
- Gas flames. Gas fire.
- Peacock. Peacock.
- Starfish. Blue starfish.