What are the characteristics of Audio-lingual Method?
Some characteristics of this method are:
- Drills are used to teach structural patterns.
- Set phrases are memorised with a focus on intonation.
- Grammatical explanations are kept to a minimum.
- Vocabulary is taught in context.
- Audio-visual aids are used.
- Focus is on pronunciation.
What are the main principles of Audio-lingual Method?
Bushra (2001) describes the principles of the Audio-lingual method as follows: (1) Instructions are given in the target language (2) Language forms occur within a context (3) Students’ native language interferes as little as possible with the students’ attempts to acquire the target language (4) Teaching is directed to …
What is Audio-lingual Method PPT?
The Audio-lingual Method is a method of foreign language teaching which emphasizes the teaching of listening and speaking before reading and writing. It uses dialogues as the main form of language presentation and drills as the main training techniques. Mother tongue is discouraged in the classroom.
What are the objectives of Audio-lingual Method?
The goal of the Audio- Lingual method is, via teaching vocabulary and grammatical patterns through dialogues, to enable students to respond quickly and accurately in spoken language.
What are the characteristics of grammar translation method?
The following are the six characteristics of the Grammar Translation Method:
- Focuses on Reading and Writing.
- Uses Vocabulary Words.
- Uses the Sentence as the Basic Unit of Teaching.
- Adopts a Deductive Approach.
- New Terms are Explained in the Native Language.
- Emphasizes Accuracy.
What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Audio-lingual Method?
The Strength and The Weakness of Audio Lingual Method
- All the students are actives in the class.
- The circumstance class are more interesting and life.
- The speaking and listening skill are more drilled, so the pronunciation skill and listening skill are more controlled.
What is the background of audio lingual method?
The Audio-Lingual method of teaching English as a second language had its origins during World War II when it became known as the Army method. It was developed as a reaction to the grammar-translation method of teaching foreign languages.
What are the basic characteristics of bilingual method write its merits and limitations?
Characteristics of Bilingual Method
- ‘Sentences’ is the unit of teaching.
- It emphasizes on creating situation.
- Mother tongue is used when it is necessary to explain the difficult. area of language.
- Rigorous practice is done in sentence.
- Rules of grammar are not taught separately. as is done in grammar translation method.
What are the teacher’s role in Audio-lingual Method?
Teacher Roles: In the Audio-lingual Method the teacher has an active role as he is the sole authority to control and direct the whole learning program. He monitors and corrects the students’ performance.
What is the role of students in Audio-lingual Method?
Audio Lingual Method trains students in order to reach conversational proficiency in a variety of foreign language, and puts the emphasis on behavior. Audio Lingual Method drills students in the use of grammatical sentence patterns.
How do you use audio lingual method?
Audio Lingual Method uses repetition, replacement, and question answer to drill speaking skill especially student’s vocabulary. The teacher is easier to control the student’s behavior and student’s vocabulary. After that, the teacher can know the memorization of the students’ vocabulary.