Is Deliriousness a word?
Marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion; ecstatic: delirious joy; a crowd of delirious baseball fans. de·lir′i·ous·ly adv. de·lir′i·ous·ness n.
Does delirious mean happy?
Someone who is delirious is extremely excited and happy.
What does it mean to go delirious?
1 : not able to think or speak clearly usually because of a high fever or other illness. 2 : wildly excited. Other Words from delirious. deliriously adverb deliriously happy. delirious.
What is the meaning of the term Picayune?
of little value
picayune • \pik-ee-YOON\ • adjective. : of little value : paltry; also : petty, small-minded.
What is the definition of incoherently?
: lacking coherence: such as. a : lacking normal clarity or intelligibility in speech or thought incoherent with grief. b : lacking orderly continuity, arrangement, or relevance : inconsistent an incoherent essay.
What is willful contrariness?
1. contrariness – deliberate and stubborn unruliness and resistance to guidance or discipline. perverseness, perversity. fractiousness, unruliness, wilfulness, willfulness – the trait of being prone to disobedience and lack of discipline.
How do you use delirious in a sentence?
Delirious sentence example
- The patient may be somewhat confused and delirious .
- He had been unconscious ever since a week last Monday night, but he was not delirious .
- At every jolt he again felt unendurable pain; his feverishness increased and he grew delirious .
How can I help someone with delirium?
How can I help the person with delirium?
- Speak clearly and use fewer words.
- Don’t argue with or correct them.
- Comfort them.
- Make sure they’re wearing their aids (like their glasses, hearing aids, or dentures)
- Keep the area around them calm and soothing.
What does a prelapsarian mean?
Definition of prelapsarian : characteristic of or belonging to the time or state before the fall of humankind.
Is Picayunish a word?
pic·a·yune adj. 1. Of little value or importance; paltry.