How much does a medical biller make in PA?
Most common benefits The average salary for a medical biller is $17.29 per hour in Pennsylvania. 585 salaries reported, updated at February 10, 2022. Is this useful?
How much do medical billers make in Delaware?
The average salary for a medical biller is $17.01 per hour in Delaware.
How much do medical billers make in Colorado?
The average salary for a medical biller is $19.08 per hour in Colorado.
How much do medical billers make in Texas?
The average salary for a medical biller is $19.27 per hour in Texas.
How much do medical billing and coding make in PA?
Medical Coding and Billing Salary in Pennsylvania In Pennsylvania, medical coders earn $57,178 annually on average, a few thousand dollars less than the Mid Atlantic regional average salary of $59,654.
How do I become a medical biller?
Steps to Becoming a Medical Biller or Coder
- Earn a high school diploma (or equivalent). An individual can pursue an entry-level job in medical billing and coding with a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Enroll in medical billing and/or coding programs.
- Pass certification examinations.
- Find employment.
How much do medical coders make in Philadelphia?
How much does a Medical Coder make in Philadelphia, PA? The average Medical Coder salary in Philadelphia, PA is $54,750 as of February 25, 2022, but the salary range typically falls between $47,491 and $64,202.
What are the job duties for medical billing and coding?
The day-to-day work of a medical coding and billing specialist includes:
- Properly coding services, procedures, diagnoses, and treatments.
- Preparing and sending invoices or claims for payment.
- Correcting rejected claims.
- Tracking payments.
- Following up with patients and insurance companies about outstanding bills.