How do you know where your stomach is hurting?
- Blood, urine, or stool tests.
- X-ray of the abdomen.
- Ultrasound of the abdomen.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan of the abdomen.
- Barium enema (colon X-ray)
- Endoscopic procedures (inserting a tube with a tiny camera through your mouth or rectum to view areas inside your digestive tract)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
What are different types of stomach pain?
8 Different Types of Stomach Pain and How to Treat Them
- Sharp jabbing pain in the upper right abdomen.
- Uncomfortable bloating.
- Upper stomach pain or burning sensation.
- Sharp pain in the lower right side of the abdomen.
- General abdominal pain with diarrhea.
- General abdominal pain with bloating.
Why does my stomach belly hurt?
Whether you’ve got a mild ache or serious cramps, abdominal pain can have many causes. For instance, you might have indigestion, constipation, a stomach virus or, if you’re a woman, menstrual cramps. Other possible causes include: Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
What is the home medicine for stomach pain?
Some of the most popular home remedies for an upset stomach and indigestion include:
- Drinking water.
- Avoiding lying down.
- Taking a warm bath or using a heating bag.
- BRAT diet.
- Avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Avoiding difficult-to-digest foods.
What is wrong with my stomach?
Problems specific to the stomach and upper gastrointestinal tract include belching, heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), hiatal hernias (weakened area of the diaphragm that allows the stomach to protrude into the chest), gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining), or peptic ulcers.
What is the best medicine for stomach pain?
Over-the-Counter Medications For cramping from diarrhea, medicines that have loperamide (Imodium) or bismuth subsalicylate (Kaopectate or Pepto-Bismol) might make you feel better. For other types of pain, acetaminophen (Aspirin Free Anacin, Liquiprin, Panadol, Tylenol) might be helpful.
How do I make my stomach stop hurting?
Be guided by your doctor, but there are some things you can do to help ease the pain, including:
- Place a hot water bottle or heated wheat bag on your abdomen.
- Soak in a warm bath.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids such as water.
- Reduce your intake of coffee, tea and alcohol as these can make the pain worse.
Can paracetamol cure stomach ache?
Pain relievers, such as Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, can help reduce the abdominal pain and the pain of cramps caused due to several conditions. It may be combined with anti-cramping medications.
How to make your tummy stop hurting?
– Abdominal pain – Bloating – Excessive belching – Excessive flatulence – Nausea – Loss of appetite – Vomiting
How do you make your tummy stop hurting?
Peppermint tea. Clinically approved and beneficial treatment for stomach issues,you can always take it either fresh or dried.
What to do when your tummy hurts?
Enjoy a Toast for Breakfast. Stomach pain is usually the result of increased levels of stomach acid in your stomach.
What your tummy is trying to tell you?
Waking up bloated or gassy could be due to something you ate the night before, or it might be a sign of a more serious issue. After a night of shut-eye, it’s not uncommon to wake up with a big gust of morning wind. After all, your body’s ready to release all the stored gas it built up overnight.