How do you get your builders license in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts Contractors License Application
- Determine the type of license you are applying for.
- Verify your work experience, including documentation.
- Submit exam registration form.
- Complete and pass exams.
- Pay administrative fees.
- Submit passing exam scores to the State Board of Building Regulations and Standards.
How many questions are on the CSL test in MA?
What Is the MA CSL Exam and Who Needs to Take It? The MA unrestricted CSL exam is an open book test consisting of 75 questions that you must complete in three hours. Candidates who earn a score of 70% or higher will receive a passing grade.
How do I get a CSL license in Massachusetts?
What you need
- Determine which type of license you are applying for.
- Verify 3 years of experience in building construction or design.
- Submit the candidate exam registration form.
- Call 800-813-6671 for the exam date.
- Take the exam.
- Mail the score report to the Board of Building Regulations and Standards.
Do carpenters need a license in Massachusetts?
As a carpenter, you will need a general contractors license or a subcontractors license to work on any projects worth $50,000 or more. Carpentry is a building construction specialty according to the Licensing Board for General Contractors.
Do subcontractors need a license in Massachusetts?
Any individual or any company that solicits, bids on, or performs residential contracting as a contractor or subcontractor on an existing one- to four-unit, owner-occupied primary residence in Massachusetts must register as a home improvement contractor.
Do masons need to be licensed in Massachusetts?
A Restricted Massachusetts construction supervisor license that is specific to masonry only allows you to get work permits and perform work on masonry projects. A large percentage of the residential work done in the commonwealth of Massachusetts is masonry work, so this license can be convenient.
Do contractors need a license in MA?