How do you become a private investigator in Seattle?
To apply for a license from the Department of Licensing to become a private investigator, you must be at least 18 years old, pass an exam, and you must have a job offer from, or be employed by, a licensed PI agency in Washington.
How much does a private investigator cost in Seattle?
Having our primary office located in South Seattle, Washington, puts us in the central urban hub for the greater Puget Sound area and Washington State. The hourly rate for private investigators can vary between $60-$200 per hour, but averages fall between $70-$150 per hour.
How do you become a private investigator in Washington state?
Washington Private Investigator License Requirements
- You must be 18yo or older.
- You need a clean criminal and personal record.
- You must be an American citizen/ legal resident.
- You must be sponsored/ employed by a Washington PI agency.
- You need to take a PI license exam before submitting your application.
How much is a private investigator in Washington state?
Average Private Investigator Costs in Washington
How do I become an API?
How to become a private investigator
- Research state licensing requirements.
- Attend classes or obtain a degree.
- Undergo firearms and non-weapons self-defense training.
- Meet the minimum requirements.
- Pass the exam for licensing.
- Pass a background check.
- Maintain license after passing.
Is private investigator a good career?
Earning Potential As a self-employed Private Investigator, you have the freedom to work as much or as little as you want, and you can also set your rates. If you choose to work for an investigative firm, you may earn a little less, but you may not have to cover as many job-related expenses as a self-employed PI.