How do I show my desktop on startup?
- Press the “Windows” key and type “Schedule Tasks”; then press “Enter.”
- Click “Create a Task” in the “Actions” sidebar.
- Type “Show Desktop” in the “Name” text box, and select “Windows 8” from the “Configure for” drop-down menu.
- Select the “Triggers” tab and click the “New” button.
How do I turn off Tablet mode in Windows 8?
In the Settings window, click or tap System. In the System screen, on the left of the screen, scroll down to and click or tap Tablet Mode. On the right side of the screen, under Make Windows more touch-friendly when using you device as a tablet, click to move the slider to Off.
Did Windows 8 have a desktop?
How to Stay in Desktop on Your Windows 8 PC. Windows 8 has two environments: the full screen, touch-centric Windows Store App interface (also called Metro) and the Desktop interface, which looks and acts like Windows 7.
How do I show the desktop in Windows 8?
- Press the < Windows > key to access the Desktop view.
- Right-click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen and select Properties.
- Click the Navigation tab, then check the box next to Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in.
How do I make Windows 8 boot straight to desktop?
How to Boot Directly to the Desktop in Windows 8.1
- On the Windows 8.1 Desktop, right click on the taskbar and select Properties.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Under the Start Screen section, check Go to the desktop instead of Start when I sign in.
- Click OK and reboot to see the setting in action.
How do I get my Start Menu back on Windows 8?
You can return to the Windows 8 Start screen from the desktop in one of two ways:
- Press Win-Shift .
- Press Win-c to access the Charms bar on the right side of the screen, and then click the Start icon.
How do I change Windows to desktop mode?
Click on the Action Center icon in the taskbar notification area. At the bottom of the Action Center, click on the Tablet mode button to toggle it on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want. To open the PC Settings, click the Settings icon from the Start Menu, or press the Windows + I hotkey. Select the System option.
How do I change my computer to desktop mode?
To switch from tablet mode back to desktop mode, tap or click the Action Center icon in the taskbar to bring up a list of quick settings for your computer (Figure 1). Then tap or click the Tablet mode setting to switch between tablet and desktop mode.