How do I renew my expired Indian passport in Canada?
- Any applicant holding Indian passport and a status in Canada (Visitor/Study/Work permit or PR) and living in Consulate’s consular jurisdiction can apply for passport renewal.
- Step 1: Fill and submit the form online.
- Please see BLS website for information regarding BLS centers, timings and FEE rates & modes of payment.
How much time does it take to renew Indian passport in Canada?
|Normal Passport||4 weeks|
|Normal Passport (60 page)||8 weeks (2 months)|
|TATKAL Passport (only 36 pages)||1 week|
How do I contact the Indian Embassy in Canada?
Contact details for the Indian consulate general in Toronto The consulate general of India in Toronto is located at 365 Bloor Street East, Suite 700 and can be contacted by telephone on (416) 960 0751 as well as by email [email protected] and [email protected]
What happens if my Indian passport expires in Canada?
* If the Indian passport had expired more than one year ago, the applicant will be required to submit a Search letter from Canadian Authorities certifying that the applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship.
Can I renew my Indian passport online?
Applicants who wish to renew their passport online can make payment and book an appointment on the official website. 1. Register for the passport renewal on the official website of Passport Seva – www.passportindia.gov.in.
Can we renew Indian passport after expiry date?
Time of Application for Passport Renewal You can apply for passport renewal up to 1 year before its expiry. After the end of validity of 5 years or till they attain 18 years (whichever comes earlier) can apply for re-issue.
Can I travel to India with expired Indian passport?
It is illegal to travel with an expired passport. You should get the passport renewed at the Indian Embassy and then travel.
How can I contact Indian embassy?
Embassy of India Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
|Embassy of India, Riyadh.|
|Address||B-1 Diplomatic Quarter Post Box No. 94387 Riyadh-11693.|
|Telephone (General Enquiry)||(+966-11) 4884144/ 4884691/ 4884692|
|24Hours Helpline||Helpline No. +966-11) 488 4697 Toll Free Number-800 247 1234|
|Fax Numbers||(+966-11) 4810742; 4884750|
What documents do I need to renew my Indian passport?
The following documents are required for passport renewal.
- Original old Passport.
- Self-attested copies of the first two pages and the last two pages of the passport.
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
- Self-attested copy of the ECR/ Non-ECR page.
What happens if passport is not renewed?
A: You have to fill up the Passport Application Form and apply for “Re-issue of Passport”. Fresh police verification is initiated if the passport has expired more than three years ago. Hence, fresh police verification will be required in your case.