How do I merge cells with data in Excel 2007?
Answer: Select the cells that you wish to merge. Right-click and then select “Format Cells” from the popup menu. When the Format Cells window appears, select the Alignment tab. Check the “Merge cells” checkbox.
How do I merge two cells in Excel and keep data?
Combine data with the Ampersand symbol (&)
- Select the cell where you want to put the combined data.
- Type = and select the first cell you want to combine.
- Type & and use quotation marks with a space enclosed.
- Select the next cell you want to combine and press enter. An example formula might be =A2&” “&B2.
How do you merge cells without losing data in a column?
Merge columns of data into one without losing data by CONCATENATE
- Select a blank cell, enter the formula =CONCATENATE(A2:C2&”,”), and then highlight A2:C2&”,” in the formula.
- Press F9 key to convert the highlight part of the formula to values.
How do you merge rows in Excel without losing data?
Combine rows in Excel with Merge Cells add-in
- Select the range of cells where you want to merge rows.
- Go to the Ablebits Data tab > Merge group, click the Merge Cells arrow, and then click Merge Rows into One.
- This will open the Merge Cells dialog box with the preselected settings that work fine in most cases.
Can you combine two columns in Excel without losing data?
Join columns using the Merge Cells add-in for Excel With the Merge Cells add-in, you can combine data from several cells using any separator you like (e.g. space, comma, carriage return or line break). You can join values row by row, column by column or merge data from the selected cells into one without losing it.
Can you merge two cells in Excel without losing data?
Can I merge cells in Excel?
To merge a group of cells: Highlight or select a range of cells. Right-click on the highlighted cells and select Format Cells…. Click the Alignment tab and place a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Merge cells.
How do I merge cells in MS Excel 2007?
MS Excel 2007: Merge cells. Answer: Select the cells that you wish to merge. Right-click and then select “Format Cells” from the popup menu. When the Format Cells window appears, select the Alignment tab. Check the “Merge cells” checkbox. Now when you return to the spreadsheet, you will find your selected cells merged into a single cell.
How to combine two or more cells in Excel?
The fastest and easiest way to combine two or more cells in Excel is to use the built-in Merge and Center option. The whole process takes only 2 quick steps: Select the contiguous cells you want to combine.
How do I merge multiple columns without losing data in Excel?
Merge and Combine Columns without Losing Data in Excel. If you merge multiple columns of data in Excel (no matter which Excel version you are using), only the left column of data will be kept, and the data of other columns will be deleted, if you apply the “Merge and Center” command from Home tab on the Alignment group.
How to merge columns in Excel using kutools?
1 After installing Kutools for Excel, please select the columns of data that you want to merge, and then click Kutools… 2 In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, specify the options as follows: More