How do I make slots in CATIA?
To define a slot, you need a center curve, a planar profile, a reference element and optionally a pulling direction. Select the profile, i.e. Sketch. 2 ….It is closed.
- Click to open the Sketcher and edit the profile.
- For example, enlarge the profile.
- Quit the Sketcher when done.
- Maintain the Keep angle option.
How learn CATIA step by step?
CATIA V5 Basic Tutorial
- Step 1: Introduction. INTRODUCTION TO CAD:
- Step 2: Sketcher Module. The Sketcher workbench is a set of tools that helps you create and constrain 2D geometries.
- Step 3: Part Design Module.
- Step 4: Assembly Module.
- Step 5: Drafting Module.
How do I create threads in CATIA?
Creating Threads and Taps
- Click Thread/Tap . The Thread/Tap Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select the cylindrical surface you wish to thread, that is Face. 1 . Thread and tap definitions do not depend on the polarity of the cylinder geometry.
- Select the upper face as the limit face. Limit faces must be planar.
How do you use the shaft in Catia v5?
If you launch the Shaft command with no profile previously defined, just click the icon and select a plane to access the Sketcher, then sketch the profile you need. You can use wireframe geometry as your profile and axes created with the Axis System capability.
How do you use rib function in Catia?
- Click Rib . The Rib Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select the profile you wish to sweep, i.e. Sketch . 2 .
- Select the center curve, i.e. Sketch. 1 .
- To go on with our scenario, maintain Keep angle.
- Click OK .
Can we learn CATIA at home?
In it, you will learn the basics of CATIA for free. With 18 video lectures, students can work at their own pace and learn all about solid modeling, part design, surface modeling, wireframe design, assembly design, and sheet metal modeling.