How do I import a database into MySQL using terminal?
Show activity on this post.
- Open the MySQL Command Line Client and type in your password.
- Change to the database you want to use for importing the .sql file data into. Do this by typing: USE your_database_name.
- Now locate the . sql file you want to execute.
How import SQL database from command line?
Show activity on this post.
- Open the MySQL command line.
- Type the path of your mysql bin directory and press Enter.
- Paste your SQL file inside the bin folder of mysql server.
- Create a database in MySQL.
- Use that particular database where you want to import the SQL file.
- Type source databasefilename.sql and Enter.
How do I import a database into Windows?
- Log in to MySQL using mysql -u root -ppassword.
- In MySQL, change the database you want to import in: mysql>use databasename; This is very important otherwise it will import to the default database.
- Import the SQL file using source command: mysql>source path\to\the\file\filename.sql;
How do I open an existing MySQL database from the command line?
To access a specific database, type the following command at the mysql> prompt, replacing dbname with the name of the database that you want to access: Copy use dbname; Make sure you do not forget the semicolon at the end of the statement. After you access a database, you can run SQL queries, list tables, and so on.
How do I import a database?
Import or restore a database or table
- Log into phpMyAdmin.
- Select the destination database on the left pane.
- Click on the Import tab in the top center pane.
- Under the File to import section, click Browse and locate the file with the .
- Check or uncheck the boxes for ‘Partial import’ and ‘Other options’.
How do I export a database from the command line?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Use the command cd to navigate to a directory where your user has write access.
- Export the database by executing the following command: mysqldump –add-drop-table -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > dbname.sql.
- You can now download the resulting SQL file.
How use Mysqldump command line?
To dump/export a MySQL database, execute the following command in the Windows command prompt: mysqldump -u username -p dbname > filename. sql . After entering that command you will be prompted for your password.
How do I open a SQL database?
About This Article
- Open MySQL Workbench.
- Double-click a model under “MySQL Connections.”
- Click File on the top-left.
- Click Open SQL Script.
- Select your SQL file.
- Click Open.
How to create a MySQL database via command line?
Login to MySQL Database using command line prompt or shell .
How to connect to MySQL from the Windows command line?
How to Open a Windows Command Prompt Start by opening the Run command box in Windows.
How to open mysql command line on Windows10?
– 3.1 Step 0: Create a directory to keep all your works. – 3.2 Step 1: Download and Install MySQL. – 3.3 Step 3: Start the “Server” – 3.4 Step 4: Start a “Client” – 3.5 Step 5: Change the Password for the Superuser “root” – 3.6 Step 6: Create a New User.
How do I import data into MySQL?
Start the Import Ensure that the MANAGEMENT tab is selected in the left menu. Click on the Data Export link.