How do I change the thumbnail size on a featured image in WordPress?
To change the default images sizes in WordPress:
- From the WordPress dashboard, select Settings > Media.
- In the number fields next to Thumbnail size, input the desired dimensions for your featured images. (Note: WordPress uses the terms “thumbnail” and “featured image” interchangeably.)
Can you enlarge thumbnail image?
Enlarging Images You can enlarge the thumbnail to 60-by-60 pixels or perhaps a little larger before noticing the distortion.
How do I edit thumbnail in WordPress?
You need to visit Media » Library and take the mouse over to any image. You will notice a link to edit thumbnails. Clicking on it will open the image in post thumbnail editor where you can crop and edit the image just like you did for the featured image on the post editing screen.
What is the best image size for WordPress blog?
The best image sizes for WordPress
- Blogpost images should be set to 1200 x 630 pixels.
- WordPress header image size should be 1048 x 250 pixels.
- The featured image should be 1200 x 900 pixels in landscape mode or 900 x 1200 pixels if in portrait mode.
- Background images should be 1920 x 1080 pixels.
How do I enlarge a thumbnail without losing quality?
- Perfect Resize is a software that allows you to resize your images smartly. It is available as a standalone software as well as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop.
- Gimp is a free alternative to Adobe Photoshop. It can also be used to enlarge images with minimum quality loss.
- Irfanview is a compact photo editing program.
How do I crop a thumbnail in WordPress?
Crop-Thumbnails Settings Click Settings > Crop-Thumbnails. On the settings page you will see all your post and page types, including custom post types. You can choose to make some thumbnail crop sizes unavailable on certain post types.